Bringing people together with the causes that best advance their desire to do the most good in this world is your calling. You have a drive to take the top tier of next-gen business leaders to the next level in their business, philanthropy, leadership, and impact. Well, we’re glad this unique, non-traditional fundraising role is in front of you. This is a chance to work with each New Leaders partner to develop a tailored engagement plan that charts a course for total value creation leveraging their time, talents, networks, and resources.
The New Leaders Network is an extraordinary group of principled, next-generation entrepreneurs and philanthropists committed to unleashing the potential of a free and open society and helping others improve their lives. This group is part of The Seminar Network which builds mission-driven partnerships with individuals, companies, and foundations to drive change in education, communities, business, public policy, and politics that empowers people to improve their lives. Our organizational role is to empower our members as visionaries and match their life goals and priorities with our network strategies and capabilities to achieve an outsized return. A helpful video on our network can be found here.
We are looking for colleagues committed to advancing our mission with energy, commitment, and passion for what they do. This is a unique opportunity for a candidate with a demonstrated track record of developing key stakeholder relationships to advance important social change efforts with a high value and unique group of business and philanthropic leaders.
Your Responsibilities Include
- Manage New Leader Network donor relations initiatives, ensuring we have the resources necessary to advance our vision
- Develop customized member impact opportunities that best align with member goals and priorities
- Build credibility and act independently to cultivate relationships to increase membership
- Liaison with internal and external partners to optimize across a portfolio of opportunities
- Collaborate with the internal communications and marketing team to create and execute personalized communications and engagement plans for each donor and prospect
- Manage projects with multiple stakeholders to drive the donor relations objectives and seek out innovative ways to improve and grow the initiative
- Build and oversee a system to develop opportunities and to identify new prospective partners interested in investments
- Responsible for scaling member opportunities with growth in capacity
- Develop membership evaluation measurements and maintain the quality of the membership portfolio
- Plan and manage introductions to other New Leaders and key Seminar Network partners
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- High level of humility and integrity
- Understanding of, and passion for, economic freedom and individual liberty
- 7+ years’ experience in a professional environment
- Ability to drive multiple concurrent projects to completion
- Adaptable to changing circumstances
- Proactive, entrepreneurial, and a high sense of urgency
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, professionalism, and ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to travel up to 50% within the United States
- Computer literacy, including MS Office; proficiency with donor databases, such as Salesforce
Standout Candidates May Also Bring
- 5+ years of major gifts fundraising experience
- Familiarity with concepts of Moves Management
We work with: Nonprofit leaders at over 100 community-based groups. Over 700 of the country’s most effective business leaders and philanthropists. Over 1,000 professors at 350 universities. Tens of thousands of K-12 teachers. And millions of grassroots activists in 35 states. We’ve united to move toward a society where people succeed by helping others, so that everyone has the opportunity to realize their extraordinary potential.
Working at The Seminar Network is different from many other organizations. We have a relentless commitment to a culture based on a business philosophy called Market Based Management® (MBM®). Informed by the principles that allow a free and open society to flourish, MBM® prepares individuals to innovate, improve, and transform while fostering a healthy, growing organization that creates long-term value for its clients and supporters and fulfillment for its employees.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees with honesty, dignity and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other legally protected class.